Saturday, September 11, 2010

Changes and Challenges... Letting Go & Letting God

  So it's been all too long since I have been on my poor neglected little blog...and not because I have forgotten about it. In fact, I have caught myself several times thinking, "Oh this would be really good to blog about" or "I should really blog tonight". I even have 3 save "drafts" in here of times I've STARTED blogging but it just didn't make it very far before I had to quit for whatever reason. Regardless, it's been a very tumultuous week. 
Nothing really "bad" has happened. I still feel very blessed. It's just been a little crazy. And I'm pretty sure now, it's the beginning of a different direction in our lives.

Tuesday night, as every night at 9:00pm, my husband called me on his break. However, his lead off to our conversation was far from usual. "We've got a problem. I'm going to pick the girls up in 2 weeks, and they're coming to live with us." Uh... WHAT? Back up. Rewind. WHAT exactly is going on? 

Last year right before the school year started, there was some ugly stuff going on with the girls down in Oklahoma. The same thing happened with being told the girls were going to come live up here. And after I came to grips with it all I started planning only to have everyone decide "Never mind". I didn't want this to be the case again. It's kind of a "Sh** or get of the pot" situation if you ask me. Don't call and disrupt everyone's lives unless you're going to allow us to make the changes and follow through with them. If you're calling to say it's time for a change... then dang it lets try the change. At any rate, I didn't want another repeat of that situation.

Well tentative planning was done throughout the week as a few more phone calls were made back and forth. By this morning Houston said that Helaena (Ha-Lay-na) has decided she wants to come live here. Roxanne feels that she has already started High School and is involved with school, activities, Upward Bound, etc. so she wants to stay there. At any rate, things are about to change, for sure. The positive note to this is that mom is letting HER decide. So she WANTS to be here. And the thing she was most concerned about is if we go to church! She thought we went to the catholic church still and didn't feel comfortable going there! Hopefully she likes our new church! It could be a super positive change for her.

Regardless of positivity or negativity... I've really come to peace about it. Saying some prayers to do what's right. Asking for some guidance as EVERYONE makes a big transition. I've decided the best thing I can do in the situation is "Let Go...and Let God!"


For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.   Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

  1. Everything happens for a reason. I think this is a good thing! You and the boys have so much love to give!

    ReplyDelete