Monday, September 13, 2010

Memory Lane Monday...2nd grade

image found at:
 http://northcarolinatheatre.blogspot.com
I'm sitting her racking my brain trying to think of 2nd grade and for whatever reason I'm having a hard time thinking of much! Usually when I start it all just starts to multiply from one memory to the "OMG, I SO FORGOT" next! So here goes nothing.... 2nd grade.



  • I had Mrs. Dolmage for a teacher. She was quiet, nice and sweet. BUT you didn't want to get her mad! :)
  • I remember my dad taught truck driving at Hawkeye Community College and he brought in a truck and trailer one day and let everyone climb in and on and around on it.
  • I remember a farm kid in my class brought in a piglet that was born with like 2 heads and extra legs and all kinds of weirdness. It was not alive, it was mounted in a glass case kind of thing, but it was still rather creepy...cool, but creepy! :P
  • I tried out for the High School Musical "Sound of Music" after being invited by the director to do so. I landed the part of Marta, the 2nd to the youngest VonTrapp kiddo. "I'm Marta, I'll be 7 on Tuesday, and I'd like a pink parasol!" I remember all the long practices, doing like coloring books and activities until it was my turn. It was so much work but so much fun. I LOVED IT! The High School kids were SO nice to me. The girl that played Maria even gave us all little gifts with personal cards at the end. I may even still have that card?! The thing I remember most was all the costume changes! OOOOH MY! All the fittings and stuff that went in to that were ridiculous, too!
  • I was sick on my birthday this year. I actually got up and went to school (you're NOT supposed to be SICK on your BIRTHDAY, right?!) and right in the middle of "I pledge allegiance to the flaaaaaaaaa.............gggggggggggggggg..........bbbbbbbbbbbbbblah! Yep threw up all over myself, my desk and probably half the kids around me. WHOOPS!
  • My Grandparents arrived that night I was sick. I was still lying on the floor in the living room. They had traveled into town to come watch "The Sound of Music".
  • My "family" birthday party was the final night of the musical. My mom made a star cake and had cupcakes with  "MARTA" on them around the top... Hmm... I THINK that was for was my birthday, or maybe just to celebrate the musical since EVERYONE came from out of state and everything to watch!...??! Either way, it was all around the same time....
  • I also threw up one other time when I was forced to eat sauerkraut. Still won't touch them! I remember throwing up in the lunch line where you had to go clear your tray.
  • I'm not sure if this was EXACTLY 2nd grade or not, but around this age I remember listening to the truckers on the CB at my parent's Christmas Tree lot because it was out near interstate. I remember one time getting on the CB and trying to "strum up" tree business. I said, "Hey! Wanna buy a Christmas tree?" And some trucker replied, "Get off the radio little girl!" all mean like. I was PETRIFIED! (I think I had been given strict instructions to stay OFF the radio anyway! LOL Oops!)
Hmm... I'll have to think more about 2nd grade and perhaps add more later?! It must have been a pretty content year if I don't remember anything horrible or embarassing!? LOL

1 comment: