Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Memory Lane Monday... Third Grade

Third grade is the year that holds the WORST memories for me in all of my school years. In fact I hated 3rd grade so much I can't even put a picture of ANYTHING on this post! LOL


Anyway...here goes reliving the worst year of my school years... here goes nothing!

  • I disliked my teacher SO much. Ms. Galey. She was so mean! She wasn't even capable of smiling I swear! I remembering kids in the class (including me) calling her "Miss Gay twad"... nice huh!?
  • I got hit in the face with a swing on the playground and chipped my front tooth up. Miss Galey told me to get over it. She was so not compassionate. I was devastated and mortified I had to sit in class with a chipped tooth.
  • I got picked on for my weight horribly. I just wanted to be one of the "cool" kids that got invited to the "cool" hotel birthday's. But nope!
  • We had to do a "body shape" assignment for math and a girl turned around and told me, you're nothing but a big fat circle. I told the teacher and of course she again, didn't care.
  • I had a HUGE obsession with New Kids on the Block! HUGE! My aunt bought me the "Hangin' Tough" concert VHS for Christmas. I had sheets (my parents still have them in the camper! LOL), a blanket, t-shirts and posters!
  • I remember we learned cursive this year. I liked cursive.
  • We also did a lot with multiplication tables.
  • We did this super cool project that was a trip to Washington DC on paper. We plotted out the map and did daily "journals" of where we drove to/through, what hotels we stayed out, how much everything cost..etc. It was a SUPER COOL project! My partner was the other "Kristen" in the class.
Yep...that's about all I can remember from the year of hell. Seriously, I think I block most of it out... I HATED third grade!




2 comments:

  1. Dang! We were "cool" together. Don't worry I have "fat kid" stories to tell starting next week. When I moved here that year kids were not nice to the new girl. I was befriended by a small group and then made fun of by others. :( I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you have the coolest cursive handwriting of anyone that I know :) ;)

    ReplyDelete